Let's celebrate International Mud Day with the the Sixth Annual Wilder Child Mud Bake Off! This is one of my favorite events of the year. Dirt and water, when magically combined, transport a child into a flow state of deep play.
WHAT IS THE MUD PIE BAKE OFF?
The goal is to have your children create a "baked good" of their choice using mud and other natural elements from their environment. This annual competition is all about getting dirty, playing and having fun! Don't worry about getting it perfect, the winner will be chosen randomly from all the entries. This is more about the process than the product.
WHEN AND WHERE DOES IT TAKE PLACE?
The Mud Bake Off runs from June 29th, 2022 - Tuesday, July 5th
This is a competition that takes place all over the world - could be right in your back yard.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
There will be four winners (one grand prize, three runner-up prizes) will be chosen at random and here is how to enter:
1. Create a mud dessert (pie, cake, cupcakes, brownies...bring it!) using only natural materials.
2. Post your creation to Instagram in a post, reel or story and tag it with #mudbakeoff2022
3. Follow the following pages on Instagram
@awilderchild - Wilder Child
@mothernatured - Mother Natured
@dineodowd - Wisconsin Adventure Family
For an extra entry, like the Defending the Early Year's Facebook Page! HERE.
WHEN CAN I START
No time like the present! You can start creating as soon as possible. Be sure to upload and tag your creation before Tuesday, July 5th at midnight.
WHAT WILL I BE ENTERED TO WIN?
Complete the above and four winners will be chosen and will receive ONE of the following prizes:
1) Grand prize - An Oakiwear Rain suit
2) One first runner-up prize: A set of kid-friendly pots and pans
3) One second runner-up prize: The book, "My Mud Kitchen is Rad" by Allison Bakkum
4) One third runner-up prize: The Mud Bakery Collection, a printable with mud-kitchen recipes and menus. And an entire year in the Nature Printables Club via Mother Natured
The Mud Bake Off ends Tuesday, July 5th at midnight EST, so get out there. We can't wait to see what you bake!
Your Woman Gone Wild,
PS. Have any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org