Enter The Fourth Annual Mud Pie Bake Off!
I can’t believe that it’s already time to announce the Fourth Annual Wilder Child Mud Bake Off. Every year the Mud Pie Bake Off Coincides with International Mud Day! Every year, the participation, creativity and glorious mess has grown!!
INTERNATIONAL MUD DAY
International Mud Day always falls on June 29th. It’s a day for children and families all over the to celebrate mud and the joy it brings! In 2009 two leaders in the Early Childhood Education field, Gillian McAuliffe and Bishnu Bhatta met at a world forum in Belfast and shared a passion for creating global awareness around the importance of mud and messy. You can read more about their story and the history of International Mud Day here.
WHAT IS THE MUD PIE BAKE OFF?
The goal is to have your children create a “baked good” of their choice using mud and other natural elements from their environment. This annual competition is all about getting dirty, playing and having fun!
Don’t worry about getting it perfect, the winner will be chosen randomly from all the entries. This is more about the process than the product.
HOW TO ENTER
Four winners (one grand prize, three runner-up prizes) will be chosen at random. Entering is as easy as mud pie:
1. Starting now, create a mud dessert (pie, cake, cupcakes, brownies…bring it!) using only natural materials.
2. Take a picture and upload your creation to Facebook or Instagram and tagging it with #mudpiebakeoff2019
Make sure your Facebook and/or Instagram accounts are set to public so we can see your creation and DM you if you are a winner! If you post to both places, it will still only count as one entry.
3. Follow the Wilder Child Instagram page.
WHEN TO START
No time like the present! You can start creating as soon as possible. Be sure to upload and tag your creation before Saturday, June 29th at midnight.
Complete the above and four winners will be chosen and will receive ONE of the following prizes:
1) Grand prize – A year in Wilder Child’s Kids Moon Club
2) One second runner-up prize a pair of rain overalls from Polarn O. Pyret
3) One second runner-up prize a metal “Children at Nature Play” Sign via Nature Play
4) One third runner-up prize, a copy of, “There’s No Such Thing as Bad Weather: A Scandinavian Mom’s Secrets for Raising Healthy, Resilient, and Confident Kids (from Friluftsliv to Hygge.” by author Linda Åkeson McGurk (Rain or Shine Mamma).
The Mud Bake Off ends Friday, June 28th at midnight EST, so get out there.
MORE COOL MUD STUFF
Mud is so much fun when it’s played with together! Here are some of my favorite mud-play ideas:
Let go, have fun and make a beautiful mess – I can’t wait to see what you bake!
Your Woman Gone Wild,
PIN FOR LATER: