Flu Fighting Elderberry Gummy Robot Recipe
Last Winter was brutal – it seemed like my one year old daughter was getting sick every week for awhile there. This year I’ve put together my natural remedy kit and feel more prepared. One of my most effective and tasty items in my medicinal bag of tricks are Elderberry Gummy Robots!
Cora absolutely loves these, and they work wonders – especially when paired with a viewing of Wall-E.
If you don’t get it exactly perfect the first time, don’t stress – if you’re anything like me, it might take a few misshapen robots before you get anything that looks anything like the real thing.
Before you get into the Gummy Robot recipe, you’ll need to make elderberry syrup. You can do that by following this recipe here.Print
- 1 cup elderberry syrup (you should make this first – recipe above)
- ½ cup hot (not boiling) water
- ¼ cup Gelatin powder ( I use Great Lakes Gelatin)
- 1 tablespoon Oil for greasing molds
- Silicon molds
- In a bowl, place 1/4 cup of cooled elderberry syrup and 1/4 cup of gelatin powder
- Quickly whisk together to temper the gelatin powder
- Add ½ cup of hot water and stir quickly until smooth
- Add remaining 3/4th of elderberry syrup to bowl and whisk
- Grease molds with oil
- Pour contents of bowl into molds
- Put molds into fridge and let set for two hours until firm
- Take gummies out of molds and store in air tight container in fridge
- To prevent colds, give your child 1-2 gummies a day. If flu symptoms are already present, give them the same dosage every two hours. Consistency and frequency is the key
– I normally use a glass measuring cup with a spout on it to pour the mixture into the molds, it makes it easier
– I fill about two molds, but it could probably fill three
- Category: Natural Cure
These are the molds we love 🙂
Did you make these? I’d love to hear how it went!